The Joneses Case studies
We cover a wide range of pension technical topics, including:
- Group property purchases and ownership
- Structuring expressions of wishes
- Succession planning for commercial properties
- Third party contributions
- Disqualifying pension credits
To be among the first to hear updates about this series, join our mailing list.
Jones family tree
How to meet the Joneses
However, unless otherwise stated, all of the case studies are based on the current tax year’s rules.
Click on the drop down arrow of each character below for an overview of their situation at the start of Series 1, and to read case studies associated with that character.
All characters in the Jones family are fictional and intended for demonstrative purposes only.
- Has dementia
- Has recently gone into care
- Owns and runs business with his son Dan
- Owns business premises with his son Dan and daughter Julia
- Wants to leave pension to his grandchildren
- Has pension which includes a disqualifying pension credit
- Owns business premises with her father Fred and brother Dan
- Suffers from arthritis and plans to retire at 55
- Keen to support her daughter Flo
- Savings have been reduced by pension sharing order
DISQUALIFYING PENSION CREDIT
- Freelance illustrator with unpredictable income
- Recently opened first pension with a gift from her mother Sara
The Jones family case studies are eligible for unstructured CPD.
Once you have read through all of the case studies you can download and complete your CPD certificate below.
The form contains editable name, date and number of hours of CPD fields.