The Joneses Keeping it in the family
Topics that will be explored include:
- Decisions following a DB transfer
- Charity lump sum death benefits
- Disqualifying pension credits
- Contributions from death benefits
- Assets on expression of wishes
- Group connected party purchase
In 2021, we are delighted to be expanding our Meet the Joneses series to feature some highly requested and current topics. We will soon be revealing the new case studies, so watch this space.
To be among the first to hear updates about this series, join our mailing list.
Jones family tree
How to meet the Joneses
All characters in the Jones family are fictional and intended for demonstrative purposes only.
- Has dementia
- Has recently gone into care
- Has pension which includes funds in nominees’ drawdown
- Wants to leave pension to her grandchildren
- Owns and runs business with his son Dan
- Owns business premises with his son Dan and daughter Julia
- Wants to leave pension to his grandchildren
- Living between UK and Canada
- Needs to access his pension benefits
- Previously completed a DB transfer
- Owns and runs business with his father Fred
- Owns business premises with his father Fred and sister Julia
- Has pension which includes a disqualifying pension credit
- Owns business premises with her father Fred and brother Dan
- Suffers from arthritis and plans to retire at 55
- Keen to support her daughter Flo
- Savings have been reduced by pension sharing order
- Self-employed plumber
- Keen to purchase property using a SIPP
- Works for his father Dan and grandfather Fred’s business
- Plans to eventually take Fred’s place when he retires
- Freelance illustrator with unpredictable income
- Recently opened first pension with a gift from her mother Sara
The Jones family case studies are eligible for unstructured CPD.
Once you have read through all of the case studies you can download and complete your CPD certificate below.
The form contains editable name, date and number of hours of CPD fields.