Passionate About Property
Commercial property is a popular investment for SIPPs and SSASs, and we have the expertise and experience to provide your clients with a complete property investment journey.
Curtis Banks manages in excess around 6,000 properties on behalf of thousands more clients. We pride ourselves on our property heritage and the breadth of our experience which dates back to 1971, and are here to provide your clients with a complete end-to-end property journey.
The breadth of our experience in property purchase, on-going management and SIPP administration ideally positions Curtis Banks to provide for your client’s SIPP property needs. We have developed relationships across the property industry and can provide access to a range of support solutions.
We offer the opportunity to hold property in a SIPP or SSAS jointly with another SIPP provider, individual or company. Further information on the ways that we can hold commercial property can be found here.
We’ve made it even easier for you to recommend Curtis Banks to your clients, by offering an exclusive offer on in specie property transfers.
Until 30 November 2023*, we’re waiving the transfer fee on in specie commercial property transfers into Your Future SIPP, saving your client over £850.
But what about overlapping annual fees when transferring? We’ve got that covered too – to help avoid any duplication of fees, we’ll align our annual SIPP fee and annual property management fee to match your clients previous provider when transferring to us – so your client doesn’t pay twice.
To find out more and take advantage of this offer leave your contact details below and let our Business Development Managers do the work by giving you a call.
This offer is available on new ‘Your Future SIPP’ products only.
* Curtis Banks reserves the right to withdraw this offer early
There are a number of tax advantages of investing in commercial property:
- Any growth in the property value, when held in a SIPP, is free from Capital Gains Tax. The rental income received by your client’s SIPP is also tax free.
- Pension legislation allows a SIPP to borrow up to 50% of the net fund value, less any existing liabilities to purchase a property.
- Additional tax advantages may arise if your client sells their business premises to their SIPP and lease it back to their firm. For example rent paid to the SIPP is a deductible business expense and could therefore reduce both the income or corporation tax liability to the client’s business.
- Please refer to the SIPP Key Features Document for more information regarding pension benefits such as tax relief on contributions or Inheritance Tax.
Some of the main considerations are highlighted below:
- Property can be difficult to dispose of and may take longer to sell than many other pension assets. Your clients will need to consider the likely future resale value to minimise any issues when looking to sell the investment.
- You should always ensure that there are sufficient cash holdings within your SIPP to meet liabilities attached to the property such as business rates, third party fees or insurance. If funds are not available to settle liabilities we may look to sell the property.